Sooooo,

I came on here awhile back with questions about my '77 GMC 3/4 ton that I'm using to plow snow. The plow is working great. lol

However, I am experiencing issues with the motor not getting fuel. If I pour gas straight into the carb it'll fire up and usually after one try, almost always after 2 then it'll keep running after it burns up the gas I pour in. I'm loath to tear into the quadrajet as A: I'm not handy with carbs, and have had very little experience with gutting one, B: It's cold out and I don't have a heated shop to work on it in, and C: when it runs it runs great. Just seems like it's not getting fuel. I just bought the truck about a year ago and the guy I bought it from put a new pump and lines on. Honestly I'd rather keep the mechanical pump on and run it as is, but it was suggested to me to just bypass the mechanical pump and wire in a universal electric pump. My question mainly is, where the hell should I mount the pump? Inside the frame rail under the cab, or somewhere under the hood? Or is this even a good idea.

Any help from the board would be awesome.

Jason

MAGA