....for anyone named bob.
I have always wanted to hunt 'the northern woods.' A fellow campfire member graciously offered to take me hunting with him in Wisconsin. Due to helth reasons, I was hesitant to go. Another reason, was the expense of the clothes I might need. I could see spending $500-$750 on clothes that I have little need for. I have never hunted in snow. Only once have I hunted when it stayed below freezing all day. That night it got into the teens. Most of our cold days are a little frost in the mornings up to mid fifties by mid afternoon.
I am 69 and no longer interested in hard trecks and freezing my ### off. I prefer to sit in some comfort, watch the sun come up, enjoy nature and perhaps get a shot at a deer. I am wondering if there are any reasonable hunting operations in these states that offer heated blinds, where I might hunt? I'm not particularly interested in a trophy, but would like a chance at a doe at least. A trip such as this, in Texas, would cost around $300+- per day lodging and meals, with a kill fee of $200-$300. With the lack of public land in Texas and lots in the northern states, I know our thoughts are different in some aspects of hunting and this may not be available. If it is, help finding such will be appreciated. Thanks captdavid
BTW, rifle only

Last edited by captdavid; 02/07/17.

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

If you are a hunter, and farther than that, get closer!