Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Brad, you said the 150 NBT had performed very well for you on elk. I spoke with Nosler about what bullet would be best. Nosler did not recommend the ballistic tip at all for elk, what velocity were you pushing the 150 NBT? Thanks, Daniel

Nosler is in the business of selling bullets, all of their bullets, so of course they're going to push Accubonds or Partitions for elk. Quite a variety of Ballistic Tips have very heavy jackets, the 150/7mm being one of those. They're really stouter than many of their counterparts by other mfg's. I'd put a 150 NBT against a 154 Hdy Interlock any day, and I doubt anyone would question the Interlock's game performance.

As to speed, I got 2,700+ from the 150NBT from my 7-08. The 140 or 150 Partition or 140 NAB would have been my first choice, but that particular rifle didn't like them, but absolutely bug-holed the 150 NBT.

Here's what a 150 NBT did to this mature bull... bullet angled through the ribs, hit both lungs, and was under the offside scapula. That's about 3' of penetration. Bull ran 25 yards and piled up stone dead. Fastest kill on a good sized, mature (6.5 yo+) bull I've ever had. I believe the 150 Partition might have penetrated through the off-side scapula, but it wouldn't have changed the outcome:

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery