Thanks for the information, but I'm not going to pay a haz-mat fee and shipping, or buy $150 worth of stuff, to try a sample of a new powder--even though I often order my stand-by powders from various websites, because I buy them in larger quantities, amortizing the extra costs.

In fact I'm a little leery of the new Alliant Reloder powders right now, not because of poor results but because of relatively poor availability. Reloder 26 has been yacked about considerably on the Campfire for at least a year, and I haven't heard of anybody who's been unhappy with it.

But it's still relatively hard to find, and that seems to be continuing despite our present shooting-friendly president. If the scarcity of 26 continues, few shooters are going to bother using it despite it's virtues, because these days there are a LOT of good powders.

So I'm going to keep checking local stores to see if any RL-16 appears among the always available array of 15, 17, 19 and 22. If it doesn't, then why bother testing something most handloaders aren't going to buy?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck