I've had mine to the range a couple times, now. Shoots okay groups but some headaches with the sights, trying to get it to shoot to the point of aim with iron sights.

The first bullet I've tried is the .377 dia 250gr Hawk FP, which is designed for the .38-55 lever guns. The jacket is fairly thin, at .025" thick. Starline brass was chosen.

This rifle has the stock from sight on board, and a NECG rear sight. The first load I tried was 31gr of H4198, which proved too hot for the .38-55 brass; the primer pockets were loosening up with one shot. The chrono was acting up that day, but I saw one reading at 1870 fps. Point of impact was a little low, but not bad.

I backed down to 29gr of H4198, and saw a chrono reading of 1780 fps, which is only a little bit above the old .38-55 smokeless loads. The point of impact was several inches too low at 100 yards. I've used just about all the rear sight adjustment, that is available.

NECG sells a red fiber optic front sight blade, but it looks like they don't have one much lower than factory.

So at this point, it looks like I need to get my hands on .375 Winchester brass, to allow warmer loads, or bite the bullet & scope it. Suggestions are appreciated.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."