Originally Posted by Leonten
His budget is more of a $500 range.

Suggest that he slow down, hold off a bit, and look.

One gun, to keep and use a good while, may better be found, by not quickly spending $500 you have now. Even if saving a few additional dollars, here and there, while looking, you could increase the budget and add options.

New, or used, would never recommend a Kimber to anyone, who is not fully capable of going through the rifle. It is too big of a project in a box for someone looking for a turn key rifle.

Used, likely could find most anything for around $600. I've picked up new in the box M70s, for as little as $400, with less than a box off ammo through them, where the owner traded them back because of recoil. Usually a newbie with a plastic card burning a whole. Have no skill, and run back to the store after the 270, 06, 7mag, etc hurt.

Avoid the temptation of needing it now. Look and test for good fit in ergos. Give preference to solid manufacturer support.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood