Good news...bad news...I made it by the shop yesterday to pick up both the Pro Varmint and the SVT along with a Sako Quad Range that I got for a smoking deal on RFC.

The Pro Varmint is perfect! I'll be getting the Leupold 6.5-20 EFR on it this afternoon and hopefully, I'll be shooting it tomorrow.

The Quad Range is really nice. I've always like them, but never could justify the price. When I saw this one, I jumped on it. The DIP rail should ship today but I'm goint to throw a an extra T36 on it to see how it shoots until the rail gets here. Once the rail is on, I'll put a NF 5-20 SHV on there.

The SVT, which is what I had originally started looking for came in looking a little rough, which the guy at the gun shop had explained. I was ok with that because I plan to shoot the crap out of it. Upon closer inspection, I found a crack in the stock that goes from the rear screw in the trigger guard almost all the way through the grip area of the stock. You can lift on the rear of the stock and see light where it is separating. I called the shop and I don't anticipate any issues sending it back, but will talk to them today to make sure. The box it was shipped in is fine, so the stock was cracked, most likely by whoever traded it or sold it to them. If I hadn't been inspecting it so closely, I might not have seen it until it was too late.