Originally Posted by noKnees
I can find things to do, but to me there is more satisfaction in having to hunt hard to fill the tag. Its a little different if I put in lots of time scouting setting stands before the season etc. But for the kind of hunt where there wasn't a lot of on the ground prep, stepping out of the truck and shooting big bull 5 minutes later is a bit of a let down.

Besides if you tell the wife you only hunted for 5 minutes, she will divide the cost by the time and then remind you what your hunting costs per minute.

Now if I have multiple tags, its nice to fill one early so you feel like the hunt was a "success" and then can hunt hard the rest of the week with no pressure.

Wife hunts with me. No biggy.

We put in time prior to the season opening, so there is that. We enjoy the hunting and typically its why we don't fill the last tag until the last weekend. But even if we shot them all out, we'd still drive to the lease, and have fun with everyone and go sit and watch. Plus have Tiger along for trailing as needed for the rest of the folks.

But with moose, there is one tag. Take it when it shows itself. If it ever does. Now when we move to AK like we hope to, then it could be all season for moose, and not worry about not having time to work on house maintenance, missing grayling fishing, missing taking hikes in new areas and so on...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....