Alot of these companies use a receptionist or non-technical person as the first line of defense so to speak. What is sad is when you call for help and know more than the person/company you are calling. For instance, I've tried to get through to someone at Boyds about stock modifications (I still think they have the best value for the $ in gunstocks) and I've gotten someone with an impatient, inflexible, arrogant attitude who refused to let me speak with a stocksmith OR take a message. I can't think of a quicker way for a company to shoot itself in the foot and lose the good will they've worked so hard to build over the years.

As to your case with PT&G, suggest that you call and ask for the email or voice mail for CEO Dave Kiff. If you get either, I would very politely tell him of your situation and only say that you feel you've exhausted all reasonable options with his CS personnel, ie. tell him the line about the anodizing/blueing. If I were him, I certainly would want t know when one of my employees is pissing-off my customers. In PT&G's defense most of their out-of-stock products do list 6-10 weeks delay in delivery.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.