Oboy.....I feel your pain.

Yeah, I think a different smith is in order. There's a couple on here - Redneck comes to mind.

First thing to do is find a set of head-space gauges. Any gunsmith (and some other nut-cases. smile ) would have them and will likely check that for you at little or no cost- takes about 2 minutes.

I'd say no more than $15 max.

There is a go, no-go, and a third indicating dangerously excessive headspace.. I have two sets, I think, but I'm not where they are, and won't be for 3 weeks, or i'd send you one.

If properly fitted, the bolt should just close on the go, or even be just a little sticky as bolt closes fully down. As long as the bolt closes on go, but not the third one in the set, headspace is fine. No-go is self explanatory.

Compare your fired cases with your reloads?, and factory round/new brass to see if there is a visual, or measurable excessive difference. If reloading, backed out primers may also indicate new or once fired brass is in order due to enlarged primer pockets. Or your loads are a bit sporty on powder. Or cases have been overly-resized.

Might even have to Cerro-safe the chamber for a mold to check dimensions. Neck/throat could be too short.

I don't reload much, but those are all things I would check, before re-chambering, or have checked by a competent person, gunsmith or not.

Good luck.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.