Originally Posted by StrayDog
I'm asking about TI style pressure point inside the barrel channel near the fore end tip. Designed to apply pressure on the barrel when the stock is tightened.

I'm conditioned for free floating barrels and thinking about buying a TI stock for my M700. Any good experience with this style? Do you grind them out or leave them?

Rifles talk...yet nobody listens.

Simply shoot the fhuqking thing with open ears and take it from there.

Now as to vertical stringing/bipod bitch slap,that is more of a function of the integrity of the stock,than it is the bedding job. A rigid handle(that means McMillan or a Chassis),is impervious to such thangs,as compared to Living Handles,Laminates and other attempts at Synthetics handles. So you must weigh integrity first,before painting yourself in a corner and then be realistic for the application of the blueprint and how it will be used.

I've had/have Ti's from 1st Gen REAL one's,to various Faux versions of same and none are of McMillan integrity/rigidity. They do however respond VERY well,to slight upwards pressure and a pad and they stay static in that regard. I'd gun as issued,with a dab bedded lug and tang affirmations,then let it tell me what it wanted. A silicone pad up front,is very often a Magical Cure,for long term POA/POI satisfactions. BT/DT and have ALL the T-shirts.

That being said,I never shoot said platforms from a bipod and all that work is either offa ruck or MPAJ Hasty Rest,with thunks given to pressure impetus and release. Said platforms have sold ALOTTA rifles in the flesh,after others have gunned same. Hint.

I've piles and piles of rifles with fore end pressure and FL neutral bedding and have lonnnggggggg been a fan of silicone pads,to sweeten the pot. This covering the gamut from 6-pounders to 18-pounders and all stops in between. Hint.

Catching the lug,orienting the tang and keeping schit out of a fhuqking bind are THE opening moves and tip pressure is something that gets critiqued,as empties fly out the port.

I tend to rest handles of the ilk near the receiver ring,to extoll the inherent integrity virtues of said location,in relation to it's influx upon a barreled action. Montucky handles are more rigid than any/all things Ti and they LOVE a silicone or similar pad.

Have never had one shoot "loose",wiggle or stray...mainly because they cain't.

Hint.

You've been led to water.