Originally Posted by deflave

Parents in 2017 tend to think every little Johnny is going to end up playing college ball and then onto the NFL. Of course there have always been a couple sets of parents like this in each class through the years, but now they seem to be the rule and not the exception.

This country is gonna have a whole lot of qualified gas station attendants in the next 5-10 years.

Dave

JFC, ain't that the truth. My son and my buddy's son got cut from the all-star baseball team last week, after try-outs. The reactions couldn't have been different by the 2 boys or the 2 dads.

Jeff and his son... (son) "I'm done with baseball. That team is going to suck anyway." (jeff) "I'm pulling my son from this league. I need my money back."

He called the coaches and said his son is better than 15 of the 22 kids picked. Jeff also called the coach and berated him for 15 minuets. I did witness this. Jeff is a great friend, but I was truly embarrassed by his reaction.

Me and jack... (jack) "Dad, we are going to have a bad ass American League team. There were a lot of good kids cut." (Me) "Are you mad you got cut?" (jack) "Yep. They'll pay. I'm going to hit 10 jacks and showed them they missed... but look at our team. We're going to be bad ass. Can you call the coach and see what I need to work on?"

I did call the coach. He said he needs work on getting behind ground balls instead of stabbing a glove at them.

Camp is where you make it.