Sunday was the first time in awhile that I made it too the shop and actually had time to shoot. Best part was, I got to bring the little lady, and present to her, the pistol I got her for her birthday/Christmas/Valentines, etc. She wants to train and get her permit, and made the mistake of picking up my FFL's Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380. Now she's a small lady, but I've watched her shoot everything from a .22 short NAA revolver, to the TC Contender I used to have in .35 R.E.M., and a Single shot .22 up too a Mauser in .458WM. She handled that pocketlite, and gushed about it for months while I scrimped and saved. I managed to get one NIB on GB for $300 even.

I let her do everything first, she filled out her first ever 4473, opened the box for the first time, followed all proper safety protocols, stripped and inspected the pistol, oiled it expertly, and reassembled. We then set up a few targets, grabbed our ears and went to work. After working on her stance for a few minutes, she opened up a new box of shells, loaded her own magazines and we declared the range hot (it's a private range, but we still act as if we're at a public one to keep practice).

Not one to take it easy, she set up about 15'-20' away, lined up and drilled a golf ball, split in half, knocked down 3 shotgun hulls I had stuck in the dirt, shot the top off a coke bottle, then drilled one of the golf ball halves again just for good measure. She's in love with it, and the little colt finished off its first 50 rounds with excellent form.

We had a lot of fun. I made the mistake of picking up a Springfield Armory V10 Ported. I'm probably going to offload my Sig 938/laser for it sometime soon. All in all we shot

Ruger MkII KMK678-GC
S&W 1911-22
Sig 938
Colt Mustang Pocketlite
Springfield 1911 V10 Ported

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member