The lady of the house where we were visiting woke me up and told me she smelled smoke. I got up and went to the back of the trailer house and discovered the water heater area was engulfed in flames. I roused my wife and the lady woke up her husband. I got the kids out to one of the cars and counted them. Later my daughter told me they were counted by all four adults.

Some one called the fire department. While we were waiting the adults started carrying things out of the house hoping we could save somethings. Then I noticed the other adults were coughing. To my surprise none of them were bending over to stay below the smoke. The smoke was a heavy layer about four and a half feet above the floor.

So if you're doing that in a fire bend over.

Another thing, I think it was last year, is a first responder pulled a woman from an car at a collision scene. She was so badly mutilated he didn't realize it was his own daughter. What happened is she was struck from behind knocking her car into the oncoming lane of highway traffic.

This reminded me to keep your steering wheels straight until you actually start moving forward.

Anyone have more to add?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter