Originally Posted by MCT3
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by magshooter1
In addition to all the Leupold 2-7x33's I forgot I have a Kahles AH 2-7x36 on my Pre '81 BLR .358. It's a bit above the price point in question though. In my opinion it may be the best 2-7 ever made. At least of all the ones I've ever looked thru.

Agree with you on the Kahles, just try finding one.

I have a 2-7 rimfire on a Cooper 57M.

Next best, IMO, is the VX-2 2-7. Decent glass quality, great CS and good ER. Good value for the dollar.

DF

I've owned 2 of the 2-7 Kahles,both the AH and CL model.I still own a CL model. The Vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8X32 is a better scope in every way if it turns out to be durable. I've only owned it one season,but so far,so good.

I do agree however that the Kahles is better than any other tweener I've ever tried except the Razor.

How do you like that Vortex G4 BDC reticle? It would be nice if Vortex offered a duplex option.

I like it a lot better than I thought I would from the pictures.It is much bolder than i thought it would be.It is very much like a German #4 but with a dot in the center and a couple hash marks for longer range. I have not shot it long range yet to correlate the dots to a specific yardage.

I have sat until dark with it in the woods several times and I never saw a time when I couldn't have used the reticle to kill a deer even though I couldn't see the center dot at very last light. I could see the whole reticle plenty enough to make any reasonable distance shgots at dark.For me that would be up to about 200 yards with this scope. I use it on a Montana for a woods gun so distance wasn't top consideration.

The dot seems to me to about perfectly cover one of those quarter size target dots at 100 yards. I really like the dot for an aiming point for anything right up to dark. The thicker portions of the reticle extend close enough to the center to use them to bracket an animal under 100 yards well past any legal light. I could hunt hogs on a bright night on 1.5X up to and possibly a bit past 100 yards.

I told Koshkin,who helped design the reticle, that I would sell all my other scopes if Vortex would use Tritium for the center dot.The glass clarity was very impressive. I could see 100 yard bullet holes on 8X as well as with my Leupold on 12X. The image goes all the way to the tube without any tunneling making the image appear absolutely huge on 1.5X. This is a very good scope for fast target acquisition. Eye box is very generous on low power,better than my 2-7 Leupold or 2-7 Kahles on low power. It shrinks a bit on higher power but I did not find it a handicap.