I am thinking about adding a SOL Bivy, either the emergency bivy or the escape bivy. any one ever use on in the cold? With all my layers on would I likely make it overnight? Would the condensation just wet out my insulation?

This last weekend I was on a long back country XC ski and I was thinking about surviving a day or so with a broken ankle on one of my trips and as conditions are pretty similar to what many of us might have on a late season hunt I thought I would ask here if anyone has used one. Would it be useful to survive a night thats 20-30F with snow?

Typically I am wearing a whipcord or fleece softshell pants, long sleeve long john top, 100wt fleece top and a nylon anorak. I usually wear a fleece ball cap with ear flaps and fleece windstopper gloves.

I carry a fleece balancava, primaloft jacket , eVent overmitts and a small foam pad I can sit or if careful lay on and a 4x8 silnylon tarp.

I have thought about ditching the tarp and carrying one of the SOL bivy's figuring it would likely be as good a windbreak and might help retain more body heat.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge