Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Don't think anybody else has represented the 16ga contingent so I'll show it some love. Several years ago I got to thinking about how the popularity of the 20ga had grown as a turkey gun. I got to thinking of the 16 as a turkey gun. I've always been a 16ga nut and had at least a half dozen in the safe at the time, but they were all long and flashy. I thought about it awhile and recalled that Remington had recently made a run of 870 Express youth guns in 16 with 23" barrels and matte finish. They had stopped making them at that point and it took me a few months to find one. I bought one, ordered full sized camo synthetic stocks for it and got a XX Full Comp-N-Choke tube for it. Chosen load was the Federal Premium 1 1/4 oz Magnum. Worked like a champ on this gobbler at about 35 yards. The next season I killed a young gobbler and a jake that threw his head into the pattern with one shot.

[Linked Image]

Terrific, SC.

I think ill try to track one down. Love the 16's. Can shoot all day with nary a bruise.

Do you have any model numbers on the replacement stocks? I really like the pattern.

Last edited by WillARights; 02/22/17.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016