Running 2.25 to 2.5" with that load. 3 shot groups. It was printing 2 together and the 3rd a bit higher.

When cleaning the rifle I had even tension with the patched jag until about 2 inches before the end where it tightened up. I had to tap the back of the rod to get it through. I thought that maybe it was the patch going dry but all repeats did the same thing. Didn't matter if it was the cleaning solution or oil, did the same thing.

When I bought it the bore looked good. I ran a patch and it came out black. I saturated the bore with Hoppe's #9 and let it set for 2 hours. The patches came out heavy green. There is still some green, not much, but I really don't want to use a copper solvent. I've had plenty of old rifles, Mauser's mostly, that did that and shot great. When I cleaned really good the accuracy went to crap. A little doesn't hurt I guess.

It has this rear sight on it.

[Linked Image]

Mine looks like this, and in about the same condition:

[Linked Image]

I said it was a super grade because of the sight. Looking at pictures of super grades I see that all have black foretips. Mine doesn't.

I note that on many of these old rifles when you mount them off hand the sights come right to the eye. Love that.

Last edited by Armednfree; 02/24/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.