One thing I can tell you is to start shooting a lot with your rifle and ammo and NEVER let it touch a rest after you get it zeroed.

Shoot at target about the size of clay-birds at various ranges from 10 yards out to about 150 yards, but learn to get the shot off in 5 seconds and less. NO shots are to be counted except the hits but you should not focus on the hits. Concentrate on the misses. Annalise EVERY miss and teach yourself to overcome any shortcomings.

If you are given cross stick over there, and you want to use them it only makes the shot easier but it does slow you down however.

I do NOT recommend using a rest for practice.

Shoot from field positions and learn to get into and out of them fast and efficiently. Remember, group shooting is a way to fool yourself. One shot/one hit at a 4 inch target in 5 seconds or less, every time, will never let you down.

5 shots touching at 200 yards from a rest in 2 minutes is of little value in the fields of Africa.

Next I would tell you to get a GOOD set of compact binos.

Bring a small well made pack. The best ones are made of material that is not noisy.

Do not forget sun glasses and a hat.

Bring a water bottle.

Bring a flash light with extra batteries.

You will also find that a set of well fitting leather gloves is a welcome thing to have.

And a Swiss Army Knife with all the goodies to carry come in very handy for many things, the least of which is cutting things.
Good hunting GAZ32 and good luck