FWIW, I've enjoyed reading posts on various gun sites since around 2005. Had a C&R license for around 6 years, used mostly to buy surplus military rifles. Spent a lot of time on websites devoted to military rifles.

Lots of surplus 93 Spanish mausers were sold in the U.S. Remember a post by a gent who wrote he'd been working on a dock of some Eastern U.S. port, back in the day when huge numbers of surplus rifles came from Europe to the U.S. There was a ship was unloaded. It's only cargo was Spanish 93 mausers. Gent wrote, there were over 3 pallets, just of paperwork for the rifles...that somewhere, he thought, there must be a warehouse with lots of them still stored....just no way, all those rifles that came off the ship, could have been sold.

Chuckle, about 7 years ago, a gunshow dealer had a box of Spanish Oviedo 93 actions, prepped for building on, bolts had been turned and etc., for $20 each. Yea, I bought a couple of them and used them. I had them barreled with cartridges suitable for them, such as a 257R or 7x57.

Is yours a German made (DMW/Lowe) or an Ovideo (made in Spain). Some difference between the two when it comes to quality of the metal in the receivers.

Lets just say, the German had a better quality metal in the receiver and etc., than the Spanish made. However, do recall a post by a gent who was a gunsmith, that'd worked on many a Spanish made 93 mauser. Essentially, he commented about them being decent to build on......Yea, the German made had a better metal and the Spanish metal was softer, but he maintained with the proper cartridge for the 93 action, they were just fine to build on. But, one should look for lug set-back in the Spanish receiver.

That's my 2 cents worth

Last edited by huffmanite; 02/25/17.