The rifle is a Kimber 84M Classic with a satin finished walnut stock. It's currently chambered in the 257 Roberts. The work to be done is as follows:

1. Rechambered to the 257 Ackley Improved.
2. Jewel the bolt.
3. Lighten the trigger pull to 2 3/4 pounds.
4. Loosen the saftey (it's very hard to move).
5. Refinish the stock to high gloss.
6. Stamp on the barrel 257 Roberts AI.

Now for the explanation:

1. Three reasons. #1. I already have a gun in this chamber, so I'm already ready to reload this caliber. #2. I like the extra velocity in the Roberts AI. My goal is to average 3000 fps., with a 100 grain bullet. If it's equal to or over that. I'll adjust the load and try for the best accuracy. #3. The "wow" factor. When I'm hunting and somebody askes what I'm shooting I hand them the cartridge. They usually respond with...WOW!
2. What's not to like? This is more of a personal preference.
3. I know the Kimber has an easily adjustable trigger. However, I do not have a gauge to measure the trigger pull. And I am not going to guess. All of my bolt action rifle's have a (2 3/4#) trigger pull.
4. When I got the rifle I cleaned it. Before that the safety moved OK. Now, it's almost impossible to move. Maybe I got some oil in there and gummed it up.
5. Again, personal preference.
6. I am aware that the rear of the barrel has to have some metal removed. On my last conversion, when the barrel was replaced, all the previous markings, including the chambering, cannot be seen. The markings are now on the bottom of the barrel, covered by the stock.

If you do not feel comfortable quoting a price, give me a range. I'm going to have this done locally, I'm just trying to get an idea what the cost would be.

Thanks in advance.

One final thought, this is my gun. Not yours. If you're thinking I'm going to devalue the gun, I don't care! I bought this gun to hunt with, not as a wall hanger. I'll let my heirs deal with the value. If these changes are not something you would do, again I don't care. It's my rifle not yours! I'm asking the Gunsmiths what they will charge, everyone else's opinions are a moot point!