Another new favorite of mine in recent years comes with no load date to speak of in the caliber I favor. Yet a number of guys over in the 65grendel fourm like this propellant for upper end velocities for the Grendel.

My experiences concur with what I have read on the Grendel fourm. Velocities far exceeding my expectations with 123 & 129 grain projectiles. Now the guys on the hoard are using this propellant generally in a AR platform and I am working with a bolt action.Seems to be working very well in both from my experience and what I have seen on the forum.

A number of us have contacted hodgdon about the use of this propellant in the 6.5 Grendel and we are told that the propellant is to slow for the Grendel. This propellant is only suitable for the 30-30 and a few other niche cartridges. Sorry I beg to differ. Seen some really good prices on this propellent recently. Supply & demand come in to play from my perspective.

If Hodgdon were able to offer a little more extensive load data I am sure the sales for this powder would be doing much better competing with the likes of accurate 2520 & AR- comp. Ar-comp the data may not help there cause much as the lever will not compete with the extreme spread or temp stability. Yet when it comes to velocity I feel LVR is king in my 6.5 Grendel with still respectable consistency for the extreme spread.

Would like to se some hard data as to why LVR is not suitable for the 6.5 Grendel. Now I may agree, that this does not work well for all bullet weights, though I have done well with 100 gr TSX 123 gr SST, 125gr partition & 129 gr Inner lock & I am sure more will follow like the Nosler 123 gr custom competition.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 02/26/17.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19