Originally Posted by gophergunner
It's time for a new boat. I've had my 14' Lund for 25 years. I've put a ton of fish in that boat over the last 2 1/2 decades, but it's time for somehting bigger and more comfortable. Total budget's about $3500.00.

I want a 16-18 foot deep V with a walk through windshield. I've found three different late 70's vintage Sylvan's I'm looking at. So far, the one I'm most interested in is a 16' 1977 with a 75 h.p. Johnson Stinger, trim and tilt, Minn Kota trolling motor, depth finder, and a convertible top, as well as rod lockers and an aerated livewell. He's asking $2500.00 for it. I haven't gone and looked at it yet. Talked to the guy once. He said it needs the hood replaced on the motor, (a branch fell on it and cracked it) new batteries (I have one from my other boat) and the running lights need re-done. That's a cheap fix, and easy enough for a hack like me. Hoping to go take a look at it next week. From looking around, that price seems fair, and he says "make an offer" so I'm hoping to knock it down.

Does this seem like a fair price ?
Well, I bought the boat today. Can't wait to start tinkering with it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla