Originally Posted by Kenneth
Think I need to stimulate the economy, specifically David Hallorans...

Like the idea of crystal, don't have that type yet, but what type of material is it, glass?

Who's using a crystal call, Good sound? low maintenance?

It's glass. I've used them. I've made them. You take a round piece of glass and sand it with 200 grit. Some days it works. Some days it doesn't. Of all the calls, the glass ones and the metal ones (coppper and aluminum) are the least affected by rain. The glass ones can be driven harder and louder, such that I can always tell when one of the neighbors are using a glass call. They have tremendous reach.

Of all the pot calls I make and use, my best producer has been a slate over glass. First I glue a metal washer to the bottom of the base to act as a stand-off. Then I glue a plate of glass to the washer. Then I glue a slate over the top such that there's an air-gap. The glass adds an extra quality to the call that drives the gobblers nuts mid-morning. Several of my post-10AM gobblers have fallen to this type of call. In fact, I've gotten all ready to leave and let off one last run with the slate over glass and had to sit back down.

Maintenance on a crystal is the same as all the other pot calls: a piece of Scotch-Brite back and forth in one direction. If it got really out of shape, 200 grit sandpaper would bring it back to factory-fresh.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer