Matt-I'm pretty sure the stringers are the ribs that run parrellel to the keel, and the floor is attached to. My 14' Lund had three of them under the floor. Is your boat an open floor plan, or does it have bench seats? If it's got bench seats, you'll have a set of them in the area between the furthest back seat and the middle seat, another set between the middle seat and the front seat. My boat had one piece of flooring built in the area between the back seat and the middle seat. The stringers are to get the floor up off the ribs that run across the inside bottom of the boat. On my boat, they looked to have been made out of marine grade wood, and had cuts in them to slip down over the ribs of the boat, but still lift the floor up off the ribs. It had been professionally done, but really didn't look all that tough to me. The flooring is screwed into the stirngers with stainess steel screws. I think the trickiest thing would be cutting the floor boards for a tight fit, keeping in mind you have to leave a little space for the carpeting to wrap around the floor boards. So there was one small carpeted section behind the back seat-that one had no stringers. It's a small board, and is where the gas tank and battery fits. The middle one was a tight fit. The flooring just drops down in there, but when I removed it, I had to pry it out with a screwdriver. This is where you will do the bulk of your walking around, so you want the fit to be good. In the bow, they had cut a small piece that matched the contour of the V-hull, and it was carpeted too. Above that, they bridged the middle and front seats with a carpeted casting platform. They tied the platform into the little front seat up in the very bow of the boat, and had it on heavy hinges, and it laid down on the front edge of the middle seat. It worked very well, and also gave you storage space in the bow.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla