Originally Posted by handwerk
Brad which Neoair model do you have and are they quite?

Randy, my hunting Neoair is the first Gen Rectangular in size Large. My hunting tent is the MSR Hubba HP (only available in the EU), and the big, rectangular Neoair fits the interior of that tent exactly, side-to-side, keeping me in place. It's just more comfortable than a smaller pad on the long fall tent-bound nights. It weigh's 17.1 oz's, 77" x 25" x 2.5"

My summer backpacking pad is the newest gen Neoair XLite in size "Regualr." This is the newer "shaped" Neoair. It is 5.1 oz's lest than my older Gen 1 in size Large.

I've never gotten the "noise" complaint about the Neoair. My original is the one people complained about, but once you use them most of that goes away. Regardless, I found it to be internet nit-picking by bored first-world hipsters.

The newest Gen has little to no noise.

For an all-around hunting pad I'd get the Neoair X-Therm in size Large. I plan on getting one this year.

But for a bit less weight, the Neoair X-Lite in size Large will be just fine, and you can always pack an additional 1/4" Evazote pad to boost its R-Value for genuine cold. That's what I currently do, though the past couple hunts have been warm enough I left the Evazote at home. You'll save 4oz's/$40 with the Large X-Lite over the X-Therm. I'd stay away from the "SV" models (Speed Valve)... an awful lot of complaints about leaks with those.

And BTW, you'll find a lot of people that think the closed cell pad should go underneath the inflatable... I've tried it both ways, and definitely have found it warmer on TOP of the inflatable.

Evazote: http://gossamergear.com/thinlight-hammock-pad.html

And don't forget Memorial day sales are coming up...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery