the cocking is loud, but you can initially cock it before going in and place an arrow in it once you get situated. like most xbows, it has a dry-fire preventer.

For a follow-up shot or a miss followed by reload.
You can hold a button that will allow it to be quiet, but if you slip, there is no safety and damage may occur. With that said, she couldn't do that. She wanted a bow she could operate for herself with her limitations. This is it. It seems to be the safest and easiest, to me, of xbows for cocking.

We've been shooting it some. She is basically a one-hole shooter at 20 yards and kill-zone every shot at 40 yards.
Shooting at 20 yards is just boringly easy.
I can one-hole shoot at 40 yards. Ridiculously easy to do.

I plan to get it out to 60+ yards.
Thinking I might try to do some stalking in Africa for a bonus animal if/after we kill our list of 10 animals..... or if all kill list is getting punched really quick.

as for the movement question when recocking, you can do it easily sitting in a tree-stand with little movement. you don't have to stand up to cock it. As mentioned, the loudness is the problem not the movement.

I will do a full report, as I've done in the past, on our hunt. Will likely post them in both the archery and africa sections.