Mark Skaggs.....had him rebarrel about 4 mauser actions, but its been about 5 years since I last used him. Always satisfied with his work and his turn around time was pretty good.

Last time I did business with him was because I'd called him to check if a barreled mauser action I'd shipped him had arrived. During our conversation, casually mentioned a local gunsmith was selling off his personal collection of mauser actions, because he didn't want to do mauser work anymore. Described a pair of his actions, being Mexican and had a Springfield type knob on cocking piece. Chuckle, he got excited about them.....so, I went back to gunsmith next day and bought them for $145 each. Seems the gunsmith forgot what he used to sell them for and didn't realize his mistake till I was leaving....he commented, "just remembered what I usually sold those Model 36 Mexicans for...you got a great deal." Anyway, sent both to Mark, he kept one in return for furnishing any new parts, such as the barrel, timney trigger and no charges for labor on one he returned to me. We were both happy.

Last edited by huffmanite; 03/08/17.