I wanted a bubble-level top ring, similar to what Nightforce offers for their rings, for my rifles with Talleys. This is what the Nightforce unit looks like if you aren't familiar. This is on my heavy LR rifle, which has the Nightforce Direct Mount.

[Linked Image]

My first-gen prototype was a copy of the NF, but sized to fit Talley hole spacing etc.

[Linked Image]

I thought of a couple improvements so I made a 2nd-gen prototype today. These protect the bubble-vial from destruction via an impact from the backside of the ring. Then I added a "window" slot to (hopefully) insure that if a rifleman had the sun in his eyes he could still read the level.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So I'm wondering... first, I'm pretty psyched about these for my own use, but I'm curious if others see a niche for these... second, would anyone here be interested in helping me field-test these? That would amount to replacing the top ring on your Talleys with one of these, using the crap out of it, and letting me know of any issues or problems or ideas for improvements come up....?

I doubt I'd be anodizing the testers so it'd be raw aluminum like in the pics. I can think of a few guys I've seen using Talleys on sporter LR rigs.... I think.... maybe Tanner? Smokepole? Starsky? I think Jordan switched out to something else.

Anyway... just a wild hair but I thought I'd put it out there. Now I gotta get back to paying work before I go broke making fun stuff for myself. Occupational hazard...

If you are interested in trying one please PM me. I'm thinking I'll do a short run of like 10 testers. It would be free of course.

EDIT TO ADD: this batch is 30mm.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 03/09/17.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!