Guys, I was kinda just reminiscing about the good times and the 24HCF. Sadly, I very seldom go onto the forum or post these days The stupid call-outs killed the fun for me, so I dropped out and really don't want care to return on a regular basis.

These days, I write my Catholic blog and volunteer many hours each week at our Catholic parish. That pretty much takes up all the spare time I have and, frankly, it's all my rapidly failing body can stand (my kidneys are dying and I am in Stage4 A).

Anyway, enough bullshit about me; here are a few kinda unsung Herron knives that I KNOW you will love.
[Linked Image]

George gave me the top one. It's an impala horn (I killed the ancient ram in war-torn Rhodesia and damned near lost my life that day). The knife didn't turn out quite as pretty as George had hoped, so it was a gift.

The second one down is absolutely fricking gorgeous. Finest stag and it fits my hand like a fine Parker shottygun (which I have a couple of). Love this knife and I've disassembled more than a few furry beasties with it.

The bottom two are pretty much the same, but in desert ironwood. George "felt" each of his knives and only stopped when the were perfect in his hand. Each turned out slightly differently, but were perfect in their own individual way.

Sonofabitch, I MISS GEORGE!!!

He was a buddy and I loved him like the father I really never had.

Anyway, I'm gone now and will catch you (way) later. Hint: I'm NOT on the 24HCF ... feel free to contact me at dogzapperATcomcastDOTnet.

May God Eternally bless all of you,

Steve

PS. One day, my tiny collection of Herrons will be sold piece-by-piece and a little part of my heart will go with each and every one of them.

And that is truly the way it should be. George wanted his knives to be hunted ... not, for heaven's sake, collected and put away in a dusty safe.

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397