So I've got about 18 elk points (resident) and my hunting partner (non-resident) has 4. He's been out the past few years and we've hunted 1st rifle without success. He's getting older, is tired of driving out here and going home without any meat. At this point just wants to fill the freezer and is willing to use his points to do so.

We've hunted GMU 131, 231 previously and 15 the past two years, building his points. At one point, our party had had decent luck in 131/231, but not so much now.

I'm not wanting to burn my points for a 4 point unit, but he is wanting as close to a "sure thing" hunt as we can get. He's also said he'd consider muzzleloading if it would be better odds of taking meat home this fall.

What recommendations (unit/season) to help me get him into some meat? Not looking for your honey-hole...just a GMU strategy to help an older guy his last taste of elk that might need 4 points. I'm willing to be with him as a non-hunter, if needed, or to try for a leftover tag in same area. I can do some scouting later this summer.