Originally Posted by Steelhead
Whilst we are on the subject of Leviticus, maybe you can help me with a few.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b)A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

c) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

Sure, the law of Moses was fulfilled with Christs death and resurrection, it no longer applies. The sacrificial requirements were fulfilled with Christs sacrifice.

Dietary requirements also.

Acts 10:13-15

Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

In the counsel of the apostles ( Acts 15) they brought forward only three laws. Among those was to abstain from sexual immorality. Homosexuality is sexual immorality going back to Noahnic principles. An act against natural law.

Galatians 5:19-21

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited by Armednfree; 03/20/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.