Originally Posted by savage62
JUST WHAT IS THE POINT? NOW WHAT GOOD IS IT EXCEPT FOR LONG RANDE SHOOTING 1000 YARDS OR MORE AND THAT IS JUNK TO ME AS A PLANE HUNTER WITH NO TRAINING IN LONG RANGE.
..........LOL grin ....Your reaction or comment is sometimes and even always typical anytime a new cartridge with either slightly better or even much better ballistics than the old standbys are introduced. You say why?..... I say why not!!!

After all....Who needs a 375 Ruger when we have had the 375 H & H since 1912? Well? How about 24" or 25" tubed H&H ballistics from a 20" tubed 375 Ruger? Whoops! What a mistake that 375 Ruger was uh? Those creative boys at Hornady and Ruger screwed the pooch with that one. Thousands and thousands of new 375 Ruger rifles have been sold since its intro and a few rifle manufacturers offer it today. But what the hell....LOL grin Just what was the point?...LOL grin

Who needs a 338/378 Bee when the venerable 338 Win can be used?

Who needs a 264 Win Mag when the 6.5 Creed can be used?

Who needs any of the the 300 mags when the good ol standby 30-06 can be used?

Forget about the 7mm Rem and 7mm Wby rounds. We have the 280 Rem.

And who needs the 378 and 460 Wbys when we have the 375 H&H and 458 Win.

On and on and on I can go.

Dam those flatter trajectory and down range harder hitting cartridges anyway!!!..LOL grin

My neighbor just bought a new Challenger Hellcat with 707 HP...Why hell! A std 305 HP 6 cylinder Challenger will still take him anywhere he wants to go????..What was the point of that?

Sounds to me Savage that your hunting conditions and lack of long range talent cannot justify owning a 26 Nosler....And that is ok.

One mans "what's the point" and "junk" cartridge can be the treasure of many others... laugh

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger