Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I have used a Coleman Extreme for keeping Ice at deer camp and have used a Yeti for the last 2 years. The Yeti is far superior. The first year I used the Yeti I took vacation and was able to hunt for 3 straight weeks. I precooled it and filled it with bagged ice. We opened it only to pull bags of ice out and topped it off again when we went to town. After 18 days the original bags on the bottom were still 1/2 ice. Using My Coleman extreme the same way after 4 days all the original bags would be melted.
The Yeti besides it's cost has 2 big drawbacks It is heavy and you have to keep it locked up. People will steal them here like they would try to steal a good looking woman.

I agree, most rotos are superior. IF I were hunting for that long it would be a no brainer. My hunts are never more than 7, most family outing even less. The size and weight are indeed something to consider. I thought the 100Q rotos were heavy before ice...let alone packing quarters in them. No wonder they sell carts for them.