Originally Posted by PastorDan
Add me to the Hill People Gear list. Chest carry has it over belt carry every day. In addition to overall comfort, the HPG Kit bags allow easy access to many other items you would normally want.

The only way I am hiking and not carrying my handgun in the HPG bag is if my primary reason for being out is photographic pursuits and my DSLR is on my chest in my Cotton Carrier. In that case my handgun will be on my belt in a Simply Rugged Sourdough. They are the only holsters I carry out in the field anymore.

Simply Rugged also makes a tanker system for transforming their holsters with three belt slots into a chest rig. It is very effective.

in another life in the dark ages i carried a K frame model 19 with all the doo dads on a leather rig with keepers to hold on to my pants belt. I really got tired after ten hours of that of keep pulling my pants up. And I kind of liked the idea of shoulder holsters, and still do, or chest rigs. I have several of the simply rugged sourdoughs mainly for ruger redhawks, which are boat anchors, or N frame smiths. I leave them in the scabbard in the truck, but if i have to leave the truck it's easy to snap on the "chesty puller" rig simply rugged sells. Pretty good system.
I think Dflave has posted some pictures of some leather made by a guy up in montana that while i have not bought it, looked pretty good to me too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO