Wayne,...it's easily TEN years since SSE published my article on "Maintaining Co-efficients of thermal equilibrium" and IIRC you were really critical of the LARGE capacity ladle (s?) I sent over to you to try,...."too heavy, awkward, ...etc."
As to why the weight spread diminished from session to session, I have no clue. It may be the result of subconsciously improving my casting and/or measuring techniques.

Looks like maybe you're STARTING to catch on,...and I'm thinking that if you were to make ONE simple change,....e.g. a LARGER, heavier Ladle for LARGER, heavier bullets, you might just finally get it.
That little one pictured just doesn't hold enough alloy to do anything BUT give you the results you're getting,it's damned near EMPTY by the time the mold's full.

If it wasn't you I sent the free sample ladle over to, I wish it had been,....let me know, and I'll send one NOW,....and would be interested in seeing your casting bell curve after making ONLY that change in your process.

Cheers,

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/24/17.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain