Update - just for the heck of it I got some Hornady 160 RN and 140 Spire Point bullets, Hornady is unfortunately discontinuing the 160's so I got four boxes. Anyway, here are left to right a Hornady 123 A-Max, a 140 SP and 160 RN seated to touch the lands in the MRC 6.5 Swede, showing how long that throat is.

That 123 is barely in the case, even coming off the lands .020" or .030" leave very little shank in the neck. The 140 is at an OAL of 3.12", .02" longer than the magazine. Seated .030" off it will just barely fit the mag. It's been too rainy to get out and the range is closed this weekend but these may show some promise.

The RN which is apparently made for the Swede is 3.05" OAL when touching the lands so it has room. In case the location of the ogive doesn't seem to jive with the other bullets, the 160 tapers from .264" to .263 and .262 ahead of the cannelure.

I don't know why, but when I look at that cartridge loaded with a 160 RN bullet I have this strange urge to shoot a charging elephant in the brain pan... wink

[Linked Image]

Before Mathman gets on my case, yeah, I know the 123 is having a little runout problem... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!