Time for a Range Report.

First I want to say thank you to everyone who was so kinds as to help me with my new addition. This is perhaps the best $390 I've ever spent on a firearm.

It's smooth to draw, has a great natural point of aim, and functioned flawlessly. I wasn't shooting anything fancy, just some Winchester white box 230gr hardball, but for such a large projectile the recoil was very managable, and in some instances double taps produces a single hole. I've never been able to do that with my Sig 228.

At this point I'm sure it shoots better than I do (I've always been better with a rifle than a pistol), but that just gives me an excuse for more range time.

SandCritter:

As for the doublestack, I like the way it feels in my hand. Keep in mind, I'm used to the double stack 9's, but the sleek slide is where the 1911 really shines over the modern boxy, unnecessarily bulky double stack 9's. It fills you hand, but not your belt, so I think I'm going to like it.

This particular gun has a fixed front sight and a low profile fixed rear sight. Today it produces nice groups low and to the left, so I'm thinking an adjustable rear night sight might be in order. This will probably take the place of at least one of my current carry guns, so an adjustable low snag rear might be in order.

Anyone have any preferences in this area?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell