This post actually is about reloading, and how you should start reloading rather than using factory ammo. I would stay away from that very hot Buffalo Bore ammo if I were you. Do you want to have a jammed up rifle on a hunt?

You have a Bartlein barrel, so that says custom barrel job, probably with minimum headspace, which is why the Buffalo Bore ammo doesn't chamber well for you.

Another choice for bore protection in the field is finger protectors. I had some around after having a cut on my finger so I used them on my rifle barrel last deer season. They are easy to apply and remove, and therefore reuse.

Regarding the 168 grain TSX, I have had excellent results in various 30 caliber rifles using them. I loaded them for a friend's caribou hunt, and his son shot a bull caribou at about 350 yards with that ammo. He was very pleased with the performance of the bullets. For a previous caribou hunt, I loaded him 180 grain Ballistic Tips, and he said they bloodshot the entire off shoulder. He wasn't happy, so I changed to the TSXs.

My friend has two 30-06s, and both shoot the reloads I made up with 168 grain TSXs well. The load is 57 grains of IMR 4350 for about 2,750 fps. One rifle is a Remington 700 and the other is a Mauser. My Tikka Model 695 30-06 shoots them well, too.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter