For years here on this forum, and others I frequent, folks continually denounce, deride and demonize gun shows and to a lesser extent pawnshops and gun shops!
I have NOT been deterred one bit by this denunciation - I stop in and attend as frequently as I can.
I get to gun shows early (and late on the last day!) looking for "deals" - this has been my long term plan - unless I have tables at the shows and then I am there from beginning to end.
My latest treasure from last week is a MINT condition Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 (1975 manufacture) 4" barrel in nickel finish with target trigger, target hammer and target grips - on top of those features the action is absolutely tight!
I mean the detonation timing has NO, I mean NO, play in it at all - I mean it is absolutely tight.
The nickel finish is virtually flawless and the revolver came with an old timey soft and fluffy inside pistol rug which thankfully and obviously it has been stored in.
Sadly no factory box was available otherwise this pistol could be passed off as N.I.B.!
Anyway I stole this pistol at a "negotiated" price of just one hair above $400.00!
This pistol will go in my "collection" otherwise I could/would sell it north of $600.00!
Yeah I have wasted a lot of gas traveling to gun shows, small gun shops and pawn shops but often enough I show up early (and often) at these places and find treasures like this. But the fun, camaraderie and the occasional treasures I find I at these places keeps me coming back for more.
Come to think of it I have been doing gun shows for over half a century now (53 years to be exact!) and I still look forward to them.
Got three gunshows I am attending coming up next month in fact.
Long live the Second Amendment (and thank you President Donald J. Trump)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy