Thanks John. I figured that would be the case, of splitting hairs, as us Looney's like to do smile

Good point on the primers. Tubb has quite a bit to draw from so no doubt he might know. Seen a piece by G. Salazar years ago, using 308 small primer brass vs LR brass. Cannot recall if he was using straight 30, or another version like the 260 or 7/08, but basically he saw no net benefit. That said others might differ in their opinion, and/or experience. Results do vary - for many reasons as we know. I do believe there must be some merit in the "LR is better over x grains of powder" adage, as their must be a point of diminished returns on accuracy, and perhaps at that point or near it, one might get insufficient spark on larger capacity rounds. Bore size might well matter as could a few variables such as case design/shape.

I have seen many debate the "What's better the XC or 47" by competitive 6 shooters, but was not clear if that was ever settled. The Creedmoor should be another horse in the race. My hat is off to Hornady, and those arms makers who support quality R&D, and bring good affordable choices to market.

Thanks again Sir.