Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
So I just got this Classic Edge stock delivered yesterday and was messing around this morning checking the fit of the barrel and bottom metal. Its supposed to be inlet for a factory Remington BDL bottom metal. If you take a look at the pictures, the back of the BM sits really high, the rest fits perfect - this is a factory BM by the way. I can live with it a little high but this is a bit much.

I'll likely call McMillan on Monday to ask about this but in the meantime any ideas of how to fix it if I keep it?? Since the front and sides of the BM fit perfect I'm not sure how I could drop down the back of it without messing up the rest of the fit? Any ideas?? They have 4 more of these Classic Edges in stock so maybe they will just swap me but if there is an easy fix I would sure appreciate anyone letting me know how??
Thanks
Frank

I've had the same issues with the pre 64 model 70's original bottom metal in the hunters compact stocks as well. I really wish they would get this right. It's irritating to have to mill down the inletting yourself when it should have been done right from Mcmillan, but hey what do you do about it. They have been told about this issue many times... Still not change...:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After milling the inletting:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

McMillan treats customers like the ChiCubs treated fans for years, as long as a product sells there isn't/wasn't any reason to improve the product as long as the customers continue to cheerfully open their wallets.