Originally Posted by Lonny
drover, so can I assume the PP's you shot recently were a current batch and they shoot and kill just like the ones from 10 years ago? What was the going price you paid for PP's? The PPs I have still carry $12.99 and $13.95 per carton written on them and I'm pretty sure those prices are long gone. Thanks for the current info.

orion, I heard the same thing, that the PP's were made for the Aussie market. They do kill well.

I picked up 500 of them somewhere last fall, so I am assuming they are current manufacture. I really don't remember how the ones from 10 years ago shot and killed so all I can speak for are those. However, there are at least 400 dead gophers that would testify that they kill well, if they were able. I can tell you this, there is a noticeable audible thump when one hits a gopher.

I spent quite a bit of time in the southwest last fall so I don't know where I acquired them but I can tell you with certainty that I did not pay over .10 cents per round for them. I have enough 22 ammo that .10 cents per round has been my limit even during the darkest days of the shortage. I am sure they were acquired prior to the election because I haven't purchased any 22 ammo in the last few months.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.