I knew that would start questions and comments. Shotguns brands are probably them most subjective topic ever conceived for a internet discussion board. I believe a Browning/Beretta will break the same number of targets as a Perazzi/Krieghoff O/U. When I shot a Beretta, the comb was too high. I view guns as a tool, so I took a palm sander to the stock and made it fit. I tried Brownings 425,525,625 and 725's. The browning stock fit me better. Triggers on both guns were so so. I tried a friends Perazzi. Immediately I liked the feel of the gun, how it moved, and the triggers were phenomenal. I also noticed more felt recoil with the P gun.
Lastly I tried a K gun. Granted it is a heavier gun. Felt recoil was less than any of the previously mentioned guns. The triggers were great and it moved very well. I forgot to mention I started out my sporting clay shooting with a stock Beretta 391. I added 8 oz. of weight to the front and back of the gun to get it to my likes. But I just got off on a tangent. My friend's MX 2000 probably has ~150K of rounds thru the gun. He has sent the gun back ~4 times for major rework of the action (triggers falling out, action coming open after first shot, loose action to barrels fit) this was all due to large volume shooting. My K-80 is probably approaching the 100K mark and has only been sent in for standard service every couple of years. The metal hardness of the K gun vs. the P gun is the difference. I believe this is a contributing factor making the K gun a better high volume alternative. I do have ~80K thru the Beretta 391 I mentioned. For the individual that will never shoot more than 50K thru the gun, any shotgun will last multiple lifetimes. I guess that's why we have Fords, Chevy's and Dodges.