I've heard of several people on Castboolits doing the same thing for the same reasons. I've also read several accounts of people sizing, powder coating, and sizing again because they say the powder coating adds up to .002 to the size.

I've most of the stuff to try the powder coating, but I've had bad luck with the powder coated bullets i've bought from Acme, not sure if it's the coating, the size, or they are to hard to obturate to the barrel.

I figure with me wanting to shoot several different guns, I'll need to size all the bullets and if i'm doing that it won't take long to add the lube in the sizer.... And i'll only have to size once.

I'm hearing white label lube is soft and quite good for the speeds i'm looking for. If I get real adventurous I might try to make some Ben's Red, but That will depend on how the casting goes. I've now got 22 pounds of nice clean wheel weight ingots to try out.

Here is a couple of the 38 specials:
[Linked Image]

I think if I was still just shooting my CZ85 and GP-100 all the time, the tumble lube would be the way to go. Just cast, lube, shoot, no sizing, just find the mold that drops what I need.