I've messed with a lot of LPVOs and IMO there are a few things that most people don't consider when purchasing one.

Eye relief / eye box. Having a super bright dot doesn't do you any good if your head has to be juuuuuuussssst right to be able to see it. Especially when you get into the 2-? models this seems to be a bigger issue. If what you're thinking is "I need to shoot this thing fast" then I'd consider eye box and generous eye relief more important than dot brightness. Some of the cheaper models are absolutely horrible with this.

FOV. The more expensive models have a FOV in excess of 100' at 100 yards. That's become the standard that I look for. With a narrow field of view you're going to spend more time searching for targets in the optic. You'll never regret seeing too much.

The Leupold 1.25-4 Firedot is a great optic. I haven't seen a Strike Eagle in person. I've been very unimpressed with Vortex's cheaper RDS, but their Razor 1-6s are great. With Vortex the quality seems to swing wildly with price. I'll echo what AH said about the Burris. The 1-6 SWFAs that I've seen had a crappy eye box, but the 1-4s may be better. If all I could afford were the Bushnell I'd just run irons.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling