I first got serious about turkey hunting about 25 years ago and bought my first real turkey shotgun. It was a Winchester 1300 pump 3 inch 12 guage, labeled Turkey Gun. It has a laminated stock, matte finish, 22 inch barrel, receiver is drilled and tapped, and came with an extra full choke included. I immediately added 2 things...a Hasting choke (.665, I believe), and a set of fiber optic sights. It will still pattern better than any other turkey gun I've tried, and I've killed a bunch of birds with it. Over the years, I've experimented with other, and what I thought "better" shotguns for turkey. There was a Mossberg 9200 semi auto, an 11-87 Remington (that I'm still kicking myself in the ass for selling), and a Benelli SBE2, as well as 3 or 4 20 guage guns. The 3 1/2 shells in the Benelli soon became old as my arthritis got worse, and I started shooting 20's. I killed every turkey I shot at with them, and figured I'd just keep using a 20 guage. After shooting an 870 and an 11-87 to check patterns, I decided to try for old times sake, the Winchester. I had picked up a box of 3 inch Longbeards in 6 shot that were on clearance at Academy Sports, and as usual, the old gun outpatterned those 20's. So, this morning on our opening day, I grabbed the Winchester instead of a 20 as I'd planned. Called in a 3 year old bird, 42 steps, dropped like he'd been pole-axed. I have no idea why I even think about using other guns. The Benelli hasn't been out of the safe in 4 years, and I could easily just leave those 20's in there too. In the morning, I'm going back to a 20, just because I have the option. But, it sure was nice to go back to gun I learned to turkey hunt with, and nice to know that it's still as good as they come.