Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Now for the bugs,

First, a crappy photo of a "sage" or "iodine" bug on the inside of my window screen. Little bastards are coming out of overwintering in the RV. They're small enough they get in everywhere. Best I can do online is to get them id'ed as some sort of seed bug, perhaps a Mediterranean. They are a nuisance, huge (as the Donald would say) nuisance.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Then there's these boxelder bugs. not as bad for getting into the RV, but they overwinter behind the siding on the outbuildings, bark of the trees, piles of leaves blown up against stuff. There's got to be a "bajillion" of the darn things. These had woken up from in the bark of a locust tree and were doing the mating thing on the driveway.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

That was just a relatively small pile of them.

Now ...............your turn to show us what Spring in your area is doing to the fauna in your locale. Flora can be another post.

Geno

Tempo SC Ultra for bugs about 3 times a year during bug season. I spray all around the base of the house, shop, crawl spaces, out buildings, rock piles, lumber stacks, windows, anyplace bugs might try to winter.

Yes, there will be some innocents killed, like preying mantis, etc.. But I prefer the scorched earth policy when it comes to bugs.

No spray for me. Wife's place the dogs have free rein and eat bugs/flies they can catch, or critters that eat bugs. Around my place I like the good bugs for my garden, like spiders and mantids.

Those bugs I showed are just a nuisance, they do no real harm and the boxelder bugs will never get wiped out around here, too much wildland, trees and bark for them to overwinter. Same for the little bugs, my place is just convenient for them.

As they say on the innanet,

YMMV.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?