Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Seems to be an ideal match for that round.

Not as good, IME, in the 26 Nosler.

I'm still working with n-570, US869 and WC872.

DF

A friend here is using N570 and shooting the 140's at around 3500 in the 26 IIRC

Rick,

I remember you posting that. QL shows a higher charge of n-570 than I think would work. I start seeing pressure signs before I get to some of the loads posted.

If you can get your friend's load and bullet(s) data, I would appreciate a PM, as there is no n-570 data for the 26 Nosler on line or anywhere. And you may not want to publish that on an open forum.

I even sent Nosler an email, stating that n-570 was the top QL 26 Nosler powder regarding velocity. Their comment, we have no data at the present time. Based on their published data, I don't think VihtaVuori is aware the 26 Nosler exists and I don't know how to call them. I don't see a U.S. number and I don't speak whatever they happen to speak...

As a high energy, double based powder, n-570 holds promise. So far, the best n-570 accuracy/speed combo has been 139 gr. Scenars as posted earlier.

Accumulating exhaustive 26 Nosler data would probably be at the cost of a barrel. That's why I like using info others have developed.

But, with a new powder, sometimes that's all one can do. Kinda like your efforts with RL-33. As I recall, you were a trail blazer, using RL-33 in the .264 WM. Seems there wasn't much data (as in none) when you started that project.

DF