Etoh, Just because I am whining about the Zeiss program doesn't mean you can't use the power ring for holdover on any hashmarked scope. Let's say you have a Sightron with the HHR reticle, or Burris Ballistic on your old '06. Looking at the ballistic chart in say a Nosler manual, we see the bullet path of a 150 ballistic tip at 2900fps is damn near a perfect fit for the HHR reticle ON 9 POWER. And it should be. But because we are loonies, we have a few 220gr roundnoses that putter along at 2200 fps, but, we can make that work just by turning the power ring to 6X which expands the value of the first hashmark (300 yds) to 15 inches of drop for the 220 from the 5 inches of drop for the 150 boat tail at 9x. Silly example but you get the point. Real world, I use fairly high bc bullets of radically differing weights and velocities and this usually only involves 7.5X and 8.5X to match my trajectories. I do the math at home and then double check on the range. Gotta love 2nd focal plane scopes for this reason.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.